Work With US!
Sniff and Go: Employment Opportunities with San Francisco’s Best On-Leash Personal Dog Walkers
PROFESSIONAL ON-LEASH PRIVATE DOG WALKER — PET TAXI DRIVER
About Sniff And Go
Founded in 2009, Sniff and Go is a different type of dog walking company. Sniff and Go focuses on on-leash private dog walking, all occurring in and around client neighborhoods. Our responsibility is to provide dogs with mental, physical, and emotional engagement all while keeping them safe while in our care. Dogs benefit from our close attention to detail, positive reinforcement, patience, and most of all empathy.
The person selected for this position is open and able to learn/process our standards and quality of care. Sniff and Go only uses force-free and positive reinforcement methods and will be teaching you the fundamentals of animal behavior, body language, and basic on-leash dog walking skills. You understand that our business model is based on having a reliable and professional team in place that thrives off of seeing positive associations that result in long-term success for the dogs in our care.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements
- Ability to walk 5-7+ miles per day
- Ability to walk hills and uneven terrain
- Daily access to an insured and reliable vehicle (can be almost any type: motorcycle, car, truck, SUV, two-seaters, etc…)
- Ability to learn and use multiple apps on a reliable smartphone
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Comfortable in front of a camera (for socials)
- Ability to learn about and process learning theories, animal behavior, and fear-free handling methods
- Ability to walk a single family household dog(s) on a leash for up to 60 minutes at a time
- Ability to walk in warm, cold, or inconvenient weather conditions
- Ability to communicate professionally
- Ability to work for 3-6+ hours per day, on a M-F schedule
Regular Business Hours
Monday-Friday 7/8 am to 3/4 pm
Closed on evenings, weekends, and holidays
What you would be doing daily
- Walking single-family household dogs on-leash for 25, 45, or 60 minutes
- Using positive reinforcement methods to walk dogs safely and securely throughout most of San Francisco
- Driving your own vehicle between each client’s location (all travel costs reimbursed)
- Being on the clock for 3-6+ hours per day
- Walking about 5-7+ miles a day (including hills and all-weather)
Pay plus Benefits:
- $21.50+ per hour after completing training
- Paid in-house training
- Paid course tuitions and training time
- Performance bonuses
- Referral bonuses
- Health care stipend
- Company phone
- Full IRS recommended mileage reimbursements
- Paid travel time
- Paid sick leave
- All dog walking tools supplied
- Learning dog walking skills that you can use for the rest of your life!
Training Pay: $17.00 per hour during the initial training period.
About the Owner
Emi (“Amy” with an E) is a passionate and dediacted small business owner with 13+ years of experience in operating an on-leash, private dog walking business. Sniff and Go is made up of a dedicated team of fewer than 10 employees that thrives off of building bonds and relationships with our favorite furry friends. Emi has personally walked 100s of dogs and has completed well over 60,000 hours of dog walks all over San Francisco. Her dog training education is R+ (positive reinforcement) based with an emphasis on animal behavioral consultation and modification.
What you would need to move forward
This position requires that you are at least 18, have consistent access to your own safe, reliable, and insured vehicle. Highlighted core values include reliability, outstanding work ethic, empathy, patience, and a love for all dog breeds, temperaments, ages, and sizes.
Complete the application below to get started!