PROFESSIONAL ON-LEASH PRIVATE DOG WALKER — SAN FRANCISCO,CA
About Sniff And Go
Established in 2009, Sniff and Go has become the premier provider of individual, private, on-leash dog walking services catering to single-family households within San Francisco, CA.
At Sniff and Go, we have a unique focus on enrichment-based on-leash dog walking skills, setting us apart from group walks (which are not part of our service offerings). Our services aim to provide long-term benefits to both dogs and their humans alike.
Sniff and Go Mission and Vision
Our mission at Sniff and Go is to disrupt the cycle of dog care reliant on punishment-based methodologies and transform the prevailing cultural perception of dog walking as a profession. We are committed to showcasing that expertise and education are the cornerstones of skilled professionals who can provide exceptional service to both dogs and their human clients. By prioritizing positive methods and cultivating knowledge, we aim to elevate the standards of dog care and create a positive impact on the industry as a whole.
The individual selected for this position should possess a willingness and aptitude to grasp our standards and deliver quality care consistently, as they embark on a permanent role within Sniff and Go. Our company adheres to force-free and positive reinforcement methods, and we will provide comprehensive training on animal behavior, body language, and essential on-leash dog walking skills.
Upon joining our team, you will undergo a minimum of 2 weeks of paid training, which will extend to a total duration of 30 days of training. Your first month of training work will encompass a combination of in-person training, online training, and field work involving driving and walking.
It is crucial for you to comprehend that our business model hinges on building a dependable and professional team that thrives on fostering positive associations leading to long-term success for the dogs under our care.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements
- Ability to learn about and process learning theories, animal behavior, and fear-free handling methods
- Ability to walk 5-7+ miles per day
- Ability to walk hills and uneven terrain
- Daily access to an insured and reliable motor vehicle — motorcycle, car, truck, SUV, two-seaters, etc… (Travel Company Benefit: Full IRS Mileage Reimbursement, parking reimbursements, and paid travel)
- Ability to learn and use multiple apps on a reliable smartphone
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs.
- Comfortable in front of a camera (for socials)
- Ability to walk 1-3 dogs, on-leash, for 25, 45, or 60 minutes at a time — actual number of dogs per walk is dependent on how many live at a single residential address
- Ability to walk in warm, cold, or inconvenient weather conditions
- Ability to communicate professionally
- Ability to work on a consistent M-F schedule, 5 hours a day (25 hour work week)
Regular Business Hours
Monday-Friday 8 am to 4 pm, closed on evenings, weekends, and 14 observed M-F holidays in 2023.
- Open shift: Monday through Friday 9:30/10am to 2:30/3pm
What you would be doing daily
- Traveling between 4-7+ residential locations throughout most of San Francisco
- Typical vehicle travel is about 5-15+ minutes in between each location
- Walking 1-3 dog(s), on-leash, for 25, 45, or 60 minutes, in around client’s neighborhood
- Using positive reinforcement methods to walk dogs safely and securely
- Driving your own vehicle ~5-7+ miles per day, M-F (all travel costs reimbursed)
- Being on the clock for 3-6+ hours per day, M-F
- Walking about 5-7+ miles a day (including hills and all-weather)
- GPS tracked walking routes, travel time, etc…
- $18.07/hour during training (4+ weeks based on learner’s ability to process and apply new skills)
- Cell Phone = company cell phone
- Applicants with daily and reliable motor vehicle: Mileage Reimbursements = $0.625/mile
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid travel time
- Parking meter reimbursements
- All dog walking tools supplied
- Tuition and training hours paid for Dog Walking Certification and Pet First Aid
Available after 4 weeks of training + in-house training and onboarding tasks are completed:
- Pooled tips
- Retirement contributions opened
- Scheduled time off option opened
- Referral bonuses (client and employee referrals)
Annual raises based on job performance.
What you would need to move forward
This position requires that you are at least 18, preferably have consistent access to your own safe, reliable, and insured vehicle. Highlighted core values include reliability, outstanding work ethic, empathy, patience, and a love for all dog breeds, temperaments, ages, and sizes.
Complete the application below to get started!