Frequently Asked Questions
What is your cancellation policy?
Out of respect for the time commitments that our staff members make to give your pet(s) the best care possible, it is important that we know ahead of time if you may need to cancel a scheduled visit.
Cancellation requests can only be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the exact dates you would like to cancel.
Our refund policy is as stated below and is based on a percentage of the total amount of the scheduled visit(s) per day:
- 6 days or more before scheduled visit: 100%
- 3-5 days before scheduled visit: 50%
- 0-72 hours before a scheduled visit: 0%
- 10 days or more before scheduled visit: 100%
- 3-9 days before scheduled visit: 50%
- 0 to 72 hours before scheduled visit: 0%
How much time in advance do I need to schedule a visit?
We do our very best to accommodate your schedule, including last-minute additions. In order to do so, additions to the schedule may affect more than just your schedule request including; transfer of keys, employee schedule changes and/or extensions in pre-planned days. We are happy to make these updates for you, however, in order to balance out the time involved, there will be a ‘Late Request’ fee added to your services.
- Same Day Notice = $25
- One Day Notice = $10
What is the difference between Full Time and Part Time?
Full Time is when visits are scheduled as an ongoing weekly commitment with at least 4 (four) days a week of services for at least 2 (two) months in a row. Part-time is anything less than full time.
Does my pet need anything to begin walks?
Yes! It is important for the safety of all animals associated with Sniff and Go Dog Walking and Pet Sitting that the procedures involved with identification, pet licenses, vaccinations and monthly flea medications be followed. Please make sure your pet is up to date on:
- DHLPP: Initial puppy shots required, booster thereafter every three years
- Rabies: At 16 weeks of age, thereafter as required by law
- Bordetella: Yearly
- Name tag with current phone number(s), address, etc…
- Pet License
- Monthly flea medication
How many sets of keys do I need to provide?
Please provide 2 (two) sets of keys to be available for Sniff and Go use:
- One set for dog walker/pet sitter’s use
- One set for back-up reasons
- If you leave a key at the front desk for pick up and drop off, a $5.00 daily key pick up/drop off will be charged per visit
- If you only have one set of keys, we will need the name and phone number of someone in San Francisco, CA who has access to the home*
- There will be no address-identifying marks on keys ensuring they can not be traced back to your home
- If you need keys picked up or dropped off before or after services are completed, there is a $25 travel fee
*If multiple visits per day are requested with more than 8 (eight) hours in between visits, two sets of keys are required.
How do payments work?
We accept payments through:
- Check – Please make checks out to “Sniff and Go” and leave behind/by QR code
- Cash – Please place in a sealed envelope made out to “Sniff and Go” and leave behind/by QR code
- *eCheck – set up through Quickbooks
- *Credit Card – set up through our scheduling system, Pet Check.
*Credit Card and eChecks can only be set up as automatic billing. All services completed in a Monday-Sunday time frame are automatically charged the following Monday morning at 5am. If no services are completed, then your account will not be charged.
For Pet Sitting and Overnight Care, an invoice will be sent out prior to services beginning if you decline the weekly auto-pay method. Paid invoices will reserve your requested service dates. If you decide to pay by cash/check, a credit card still needs to be on file to reserve requested dates.
For Daily Services, invoices go out on the last day of each month if paying by cash or check.
There is a $30 Late Fee added every 30 days an invoice remains open.
Are you open on Holidays?
Yes, we are available 365 days a year! Sniff and Go will be off for regularly scheduled daily services on/in observance of the below listed holidays. If services are needed, please contact us for availability as we will be happily checking in on all those who need us! Holiday Rates will be in place on the following holidays or observance of:
- New Year’s Day (January 1st)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday (Third Monday in January)
- President’s Day (Third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving (Fourth Thursday and Friday in November)
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (December 24th and 25th)
Will my pet have the same walker/sitter every day?
It is important to have consistency when it comes to having your pets be seen by the same walker/sitter every day. The importance of our management team is to ensure our employees are well trained and prepared to keep the high standards of care that Sniff and Go has worked very hard at building and maintaining. All of our staff members are paid as employees, are offered a number of benefits (paid time off, mileage reimbursement, paid travel time, bonuses, etc…), are paid a competitive wage and are given all the tools they need to complete their daily services. We want our staff members to be happy and proud to be part of the Sniff and Go team and in return, our clients get to enjoy the reward of well taken care of employees. However, we can not guarantee that any one employee will stay with us forever.
What happens if my regular walker/sitter is not available?
Our priority is to make sure you have no interruptions in service. We will make any necessary arrangements, within our company, with an experienced and well-qualified team member, should your primary walker be unable to walk, is sick, or out of town. If for some reason we have no one available, we will do our very best to give you enough time to make other arrangements.
What should I have available?
Please have the following supplies available to ensure safe walking and feeding arrangements for your pets. If you are going to be out of town, please provide extra supplies should services be needed for longer than originally planned.
- Well fitting collar
- Name tag attached to collar with current contact information included
- Current SF license tag (also see the SF Animal Care and Control website for more information)
- Body Harness
- Current Instructions
- Cleaning supplies and locations of where to find for if your pet has an accident
- Car transport (cat/dog carrier)
A $25 travel fee will be applied plus the cost of supplies if a Food/Supply trip needs to be made because necessary items are unavailable to perform requested services. Please make sure all supplies are available to ensure no additional charges are applied.
We love our clients!
and hope that you become one as well!