Frequently Asked Questions
What is your cancellation policy?
Out of respect for the time commitments that our staff members make to give your pets the best care possible, it is important that we know ahead of time if you may need to cancel a scheduled visit.
There is a 100% refund for cancellations made by 12:00PM the day prior to your reserved visit dates.
Cancellation requests can only be made by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include the exact dates you would like to cancel.
Can I request a visit last minute?
We do our very best to accommodate your schedule, including last-minute additions. In order to do so, additions to the schedule may affect more than just your schedule request including; transfer of keys, employee schedule changes and/or extensions in pre-planned days. We are happy to make these updates for you, however, in order to balance out the time involved, there will be a fee added to your services.
- Same Day Notice = $25
- One Day Notice = $10
What is the difference between Full Time and Part Time?
Does my pet need anything to begin walks?
- DHLPP: Initial puppy shots required, booster thereafter every three years
- Rabies: At 16 weeks of age, thereafter as required by law
- Bordetella: Yearly
- Name tag with current phone number(s), address, etc…
- Pet License
- Monthly flea medication
How many sets of keys do I need to provide?
Please be prepared to provide 2 (two) sets of keys or one secure lockbox or coded entry:
- One set for daily use
- One set for back-up reasons
- There will be no address-identifying marks on keys ensuring they can not be traced back to your home
- If you leave a key at the front desk for pick up/drop off, a $5.00 daily key pick up/drop off will be charged per visit
- If you need keys picked up or dropped off before or after services are completed, there is a $25 travel fee
- If multiple visits per day are requested with more than 8 (eight) hours requested in between visits, two sets of keys are required
- Homes with coded entry are an exception to the above listed notes, however some sort of backup is still preferred in case of technical malfunction
How do payments work?
A valid credit card is required to reserve services.
We accept the following form of payments:
- Check – Please make checks out to “Sniff and Go” and leave behind/by QR code
- Cash – Please place in a sealed envelope made out to “Sniff and Go” and leave behind/by QR code
- eCheck – Set up through Quickbooks
- Credit Card – VISA, Mastercard or Discover set up through our scheduling system
All services completed in a Monday-Sunday time frame are automatically processed the following Monday morning at 5am. If no services are completed, then your account will not be charged.
There is a $30 Late Fee added every 30 days an invoice remains open.
Are you open on Holidays?
Yes, we are available 365 days a year! Sniff and Go will be off for regularly scheduled daily services on/in observance of the below listed holidays. If services are needed on a major holiday, please let us know as soon as possible. We will be happily checking in on as many furry friends who need us!
An additional Holiday Rate of $8.00 will be in place on the following holidays (or observance of). This fee goes straight to your pet care taker as a way of compensating them for their time away from their own families on the holidays:
- New Year’s Day (January 1st)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday (Third Monday in January)
- President’s Day (Third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving (Fourth Thursday and Friday in November)
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (December 24th and 25th)
Will my pet have the same walker every day?
It is important to have consistency when it comes to having your pets be seen by the same walker every day.
All of our staff members are paid as employees, are offered a number of benefits (paid time off, mileage reimbursement, paid travel time, bonuses, etc…), are paid a competitive wage and are given all the tools they need to complete their daily services. We want our staff members to be confident and proud to be part of the Sniff and Go team! In return, our clients get to enjoy the reward of happy employees!
We do match up our furry friends with one primary walker based on location and availability. In the instance your primary walker becomes ill or requests personal time off, we have the rest of us here – as team of backup support – rained and ready to go. The importance of our management team is to ensure our employees are well trained and prepared to keep the high standards of care that Sniff and Go has worked very hard at building and maintaining.
What happens if my regular walker/sitter is not available?
Our priority is to make sure you have no interruptions in service. We will make any necessary arrangements, within our company, with an experienced and well-qualified team member, should your primary walker be unable to walk, is sick, or out of town.
The role of our Management Team is to make sure there are smooth transitions in place should your primary care taker need time off. This is done in the form of management accompanying a team member on their visits until they are comfortable and confident in the proper care for your pets.
If for some reason we have no one available, we will do our very best to give you enough time to make other arrangements.
What should I have available?
Please have the following supplies available to ensure safe walking and feeding arrangements for your pets. If you are going to be out of town, please provide extra supplies should services be needed for longer than originally planned.
Cats and Dogs
- Two sets of keys or a lockbox or coded entry
- Name tag attached to collar with current contact information included
- Current SF license tag (also see the SF Animal Care and Control website for more information)
- Current care routine instructions
- Cleaning supplies and locations of where to find for if your pet has an accident
- Car transport (cat/dog carrier)
- Well fitting collar
- Body harness
- Litter box
- Extra litter
A $25 travel fee will be applied plus the cost of supplies if a Food/Supply trip needs to be made because necessary items are unavailable to perform requested services. Please make sure all supplies are available to ensure no additional charges are applied.
We love our clients!
and hope that you become one as well!